1. Jesus came in the flesh; He laid down His life and died the death of the cross; buried and rose on the third day. By His death and resurrection, the power of sin and death was conquered and man became free. Read: Heb 2:14; 1Cor 15:54-57, Rom 3:23-25.
2. The salvation of man was paid for. God didn’t just declare man free as being the Almighty. No! He paid with His only begotten Son, 1Cor 6:20, John
3. The death of Christ is Substitutionary; in that He took our place on the cross; therefore, we are to believe in Him in return, John 3:16.
4. Faith is required to activate the redemptive works of Christ, Rom 5:2; Eph 2:8.
Today, Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven, making intercession for you and I; but many of us are still far from what is expected of us. What then is the missing link in our generation?
After a careful thought and deliberations, we noted the followings:
1. The first missing link is that believers seems to be focused more on enjoying the benefits of redemption rather than walking in the consciousness of the sacrifices that Christ borne. Jesus was mocked, spite upon, smitten, scourge, tortured and humiliated for the sake of our salvation. So, if we have these sacrifices at the epic center of our minds as we walk with God, our orientation and approach to this world would be a lot different. Therefore, we opined that sermons on the pains and emotional tortures of Christ be taught in our churches/homes.
2. The second missing link is the inadequate grooming of believers on the basic principles of the gospel. Permit me to say this; we have noticed how the children of other religious faithful are being groomed from childhood. The reason is to inculcate in them the tenets of their religion so that when they grow up they will not depart from it, and also to effortlessly walk in the obedience of it.
How much of this do we have in the Christendom?
Believers must be taught the basic of the gospel – the principles of the doctrine of Christ. Let us not neglect the milk and begin to feed on the strong meat; knowing that most of the believers today were not born into Christian homes, 1peter 2:2. Therefore, we call on the church leaders and parents to continually groom their followers/wards in line with the basic principles of the gospel of Christ.
3. The third missing link is the work of the power of darkness to draw people into hell. The bible says the god of this world has blinded their minds to the glory of the gospel, 2Cor 4:4. Satan is at work to ensure that men do not walk in accordance to the tenets of the gospel of Christ. And we must not fold out hands and watch him take people to hell. What are we to do? Intercede and stand in the gap in our secret places and pray for everyone who believes and everyone who is yet to believe for an encounter with Jesus.
God bless you…to be continued!
Host: Pastor Prevail and Becky Inegbenose